fabric love & studio inspiration . . . from a little white house on Komedal Road!

4/12/13

In the art studio - encaustics . . .


Recently - while visiting my father on Orcas Island . . .
I had a chance to play with encaustics in my mother's old art studio . . .

here are a few of my first attempts . ..

Komedal Road Encaustic 1

Komedal Road Encaustic 2

Komedal Road Encaustic 3

Komedal Road Encaustic 8

Komedal Road Encaustic 5

Komedal Road Encaustic 6

Komedal Road Encaustic 7

Every spring I fall in love with blues all over again - especially indigo!
 Soooooo much to learn . . . yet having a blast!!

Hope you are too - Happy Weekend Everyone!!

xoxo - liz


2 comments:

Alex Wijnen said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I've always wanted to do encaustic, too - seems like every time I visit an art fair, those are the pieces I'm most drawn to :) Can't wait to see what else you create in this medium!

Unknown said...

Thank you Alex - coming from you means so much to me!! xoxo - liz